Sunday, April 15, 2018

Year of Projects: Week 15

Last week's goals:
This week, my goals are:
- to finish the Zombie Valentines
- finish or close to finish the Kiss Me, I'm Irish
- Finish the first sock on Hudson Bay
- figure out and work the Fish Kiss Lips heel on Keep Swimming
- wind the yarn for the two sweaters planned
- possible start moving yarn totes up to attic room, after logging what's in each tote

In addition, I have to make a poster for my friend, do the taxes (last year I can do the simple form on my own), clean the house.

I really liked having a weekly goals list, so think I might keep it up....So I finished the Zombie Valentines, and not only finished the first Hudson Bay, BUT finished the pair of Hudson Bays!  So I completed TWO pair of socks this week.  In addition, I also finished my Fortune's Shawlette...so a total of THREE projects this week!

I will be doing the taxes later today (remember that whole procrastinator thing I mentioned?) I also spent some time with friends (and got that poster finished) and spent time with the Hubs...was sick for about a day and a half....marathoned the tv show The Arrangement, did some shopping, yarn and other varieties....AND met Patricia Polacco!!!!!!!!

My finished post with the socks and shawlette is here, if interested...

Patricia Polacco has been my favorite children's author for years.  Meeting her was on my bucket list!! It was amazing hearing her speak and then meeting her....

I also stopped by Westport Yarns to browse...and picked up the new Knitscene and some yarn to make the Waves Tank..
So I am back to school tomorrow for the end of the year push...right now our final day is June 15 (was supposed to be June 6, damn snow days!) We have two state mandated tests coming up...one my students are used to taking, one is brand new....so I am brainstorming some ideas for behavior and this final push...

So this week's goals:
- work on Kiss Me, I'm Irish and get to heels (at least)
- do that FLK heel on my Keep Swimming socks
- swatch for the Waves Tank
- pull out The Meandering Top and see where I'm at (it's been hibernating)

I think that will be enough for the week.....and I still have the items from last week's goals

So my updated list:

2018 Finished Projects:
Millennial Slytherin Mitts - Jan 6, 2018 
KG AMi - Jan 10, 2018
Shamrock Hat - Jan 20, 2018
Snowflake Hat - Jan 20, 2018
Elephant Reserve - February 11, 2018
Bunny Hat - February 12, 2018
Blue Wave - February 12, 2018
Folding Chairs - March 4, 2018
Jessica Jones 2 - March 7, 2018
Chicken Scratch Sock (test knit) - March 8, 2018 (only one sock)
Zombie Latte Socks (Zombie Valentine) - April 8. 2018
Fortune's Shawlette - April 11, 2018
Hudson Bay Socks - April 12, 2018

Works In Progress:         
WIPS: Crochet:
Round Ripple: (Started 2006 (?) Aiden)-not sure he'd want this anymore, being a high school freshman and all, but I think I'll finish it for him. He is now a sophomore.
Around the World Afghan: (April 2010): about ¼ done - I looked at this recently and I'm still liking it, so I'll keep it...maybe make it a baby blanket instead.
Sunrise Sunset Afghan: this has been hibernating awhile, 6 squares done. I still love the look of this.
Tabard Tunic (NW Diss 2/1/14) - Haven't made a final decision on this yet.
Throwback Poncho 2/19/17


Knit: 
Learn to Knit Afghan: (started 2010): 3 squares done, I put this in the giveaway yarn bags..not thrilled with colors....will use squares at school for water bottles..
Shark in the Woods (11/27/14)- I really love this, but it's a lot of cabling and I'm not a fan..about 1/2 done.
Vanilla fingerless mitts (12/25/15) - Think I'm going to frog and do different mitts or crochet them.
Zombie Vixen mitts (10/17/15)- why I may crochet the others...have these and still working on them, again cabling
Garter Path Shawlette (5/30/16)- I have frogged this a couple of times...
Swinging with Winkle (6/4/16)- I love this so much!  Just need to finish it! Added a few rows
Meandering Top (5/20/16) - Totally forgot about this...could get it done to wear in spring...I think I was debating whether to do the bottom ruffle...it's not a good placement for me...
Multnomah (8/21/16)- stuck on feather and fan edging, have too many stitches, in timeout. Stitch count continues to be off.
Bulky Cowl - this hurts my hands to work on...think I need slippery needles...
Splediferous Blanket - (4/15/17) Roald Dahl club, mitered blanket

Selbu Mitts - 3/26/18

Socks:
Kai-Mei: (April 2012) - has not changed, 
Carlos and Arne socks (July 3 2015)- using a 9" needle...keep losing stitches. 
Espalier Socks (Jan 10, 2016) - started and stopped...
Just Keep Swimming - (6/16/16) 
Muertos - 8/13/17
Games Socks- 2/15/18
I'm Irish - 3/3/18

Scarves/Shawls:
Splashy Flowers: (May 2011) - add a motif scarf, don't see that being finished soon...
Light in Shadows (1/14/14) - I love this so much...need to start the new direction, so need to sit down and figure it out..
 
Willow Fields (9/6/14) - ran out of yarn, waiting on yarn 
My Shelly Valentine (2/10/16) - should finish for this year's Valentine's Day, yeah, that did not happen


Bags:

Beach Bag: (started May 2010)  Just needs lining sewn in, I used it this year without the lining...so may just call it a day on this.... 

 KAL/CALs:
 
Fire and Blood (5/4/14) - not anytime soon
Outlander MKAL (8/8/14)  - possibility of finishing this..the yarn is so yummy

7 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

How great you got to meet your favorite author. Hopefully she gave you autographs so you could show your students.

Good job on your finishes this week!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Loved seeing the photos with the author on IG! And I really admire how you get out and do all these things. Shame on me for being such a lazy homebody.

A weekly list works really well. I tend to decide on my plan for the week ahead in the last sentence of my blog, although it typically takes the form of start this sock, or finish that pair of socks. LOL!

Lucy Bowen said...

Wow - you have had a busy week, I'm surprised you met any goals! I love the list of weekly goals. We are also back to school this week - we go through until 23rd July now!

Renee Anne said...

Want to know something sad? Your last day was supposed to be June 6 and it was pushed out to June 15 due to snow days......our last day is June 22 and we don't have snow or anything other than perpetual May around here (maybe some rain here and there, if we're lucky - but rain doesn't cancel school). Oh, and we started in mid-August.

If there's one thing I dislike about California schools, the school calendar is it.

Sam I Am...... said...

Where are the pictures of those FO's??? We need proof! Just kidding but we do love to be enabled and motivated to either finish or start new projects when we see others! LOL! You packed in a full week for sure! What fun things you did and meeting your fav author was great! Just an FYI....I have not done my taxes yet either....I think I like flirting with danger at my age. I figure when I run out of money I will commit a crime (nothing terrible) so they will put me in jail and take care of me for the rest of my life. Jail sounds better than the nursing homes and I hear the food is better! LOL! Anyway, I think our government has bigger fish to fry than you or me but I will get them done so I can sleep at night. Have a great week!

Stefanie said...

What a thrill to meet your favorite children's book author! I always enjoy your IG posts. Sorry you have those snow days to make up. We get out on the 13th and there are no days to make up since we usually don't have any weather that disrupts school.

Breathing Life said...

I love that tank pattern. Queued for certain. Congrats on meeting your favorite author. When that happens to me I get so tongue-tied, I hope you were able to let her know what her work meant to you.