Friday, April 13, 2018

Wrapup Friday

So it's been quite a while since I have posted about a finished object and this week I have THREE!!!!!

I have finished two pairs of socks....the Zombie Valentines
I love these so much!!!  The yarn is by Brazen Stitchery, My Zombie Valentine, and the spots are "zombie blood." The contrast heel is from Two Sisters....I am playing with the contrast heel concept, so trying new heels, but so far the heel flap fits me the best...I'm not normally a pink fan, but just love it in this color combination...the third color alternates between grey and a lilacy color depending on the light....
Started: June 21, 2017
Finished: April 8, 2018
Needle: Kollage square 9 inch circular/size 1(2.25 mm)
Pattern: Vanilla pattern with an Eye of Partridge heel
Aren't they so awesome???

The second pair are my Hudson Bay socks....I first saw this sock and yarn on Susan B. Anderson/s blog.  I ordered the yarn, and it was a long wait, as she was swamped after the blog post....I followed Susan's recipe for the sock and her basic pattern....The yarn is from Fishknits in Canadiana
Love these so much!  Question, what can I do to make sure the red doesn't bleed into the white?  I have always wanted a Hudson Bay Blanket Coat...this is the next best thing...
Started: June 21, 2017
Finished: April 12, 2018
Needles: Knitpicks 5" dpns size 1/2.25 mm
Pattern: Susan B. Anderson basic sock

And then I finished a shawl....
Not a great picture...that is my blocking setup at the moment...It's the living room floor of the upstairs apartment.  As soon as we rent the apartment, I'll have to move the setup to that third floor room.  I'm going to possibly buy blocking mats. 
Started: May 20, 2017
Finished: April 11, 2018
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cotton Denim DK (bought on the I90 Sock Hop last year)
Pattern: Fortune's Shawlette (a crochet pattern)  This is the second time I've made this pattern
Hook: Clover soft handle 4.5mm..

I keep seeing this with a pair of jeans and a white button down shirt.....

So all of these were WIPs from 2017...the socks weren't actually started on the same day...I had done the cuff of one of the Hudson Bay socks, but hadn't set up the Ravelry page yet....so just put that date...I still have over 30 WIPs listed in my ravelry project pages....and since I finished two pairs of socks...I amy have to cast on another pair....sigh...

I'm going to throw up the link for anyone else who may have a finish.....also for my swap partner stalker...I'll have a post up later today or tomorrow with more specifics....



2 comments:

Stefanie said...

I really like your zombie socks! They are festive and awesome. Do you have a DAISO or 99 cents store nearby? Sometimes they have the rubber mats. Target for sure would have some in the kids toys section if you do not mind not using professional blocking mats. There are probably mats in the car section as well as the exercise section also.

Becki said...

I'm not even into the Zombies' craze, but I LOVE those Zombie Valentine socks - and the name seems so fitting (is is the blood red heels? or the speckled yarns?) The name just makes these even more fun. And your Hudson Bay socks look great, too! And good finish on the shawl. It must feel so good to get these WIPs finished. Yay, you! :)